Saturday, November 05, 2005

Where we should be focussed.

Right now, our entire country should be up in arms *DEMANDING* an end to the world's dictatorships. And instead, what are our people doing? Bitching about intelligence failures and what our President might or might not have been *thinking*.
*This* is what really pisses me off about this so called 'liberal' movement. They're only committed to liberty for themselves, and to hell with everybody else. This is a travesty of humanity.
Personally, the rights of some american I do not know, are not significantly more important to me than the rights of Iraqis, Iranians, or Zimbabweans. A lot of people don't care, because they're not *us*. But I do.. for reasons both idealistic (it's just wrong) and pragmatic (chaos leads to disaster).

I don't even think we should be restrained about it. Just the mere existence of a tyrranical dictatorship gives democracies the right... or more accurately, the *obligation* to overthrow them. It's just sad that it's so acceptable for us to do nothing.
"Go ahead and beat your wife, it's none of my business, we're just neighbors."

It's just sickening. Maybe we can't fight everything all at once, but we have to try, and we have to be willing to make sacrafices. And most of all, we have to win.

[EDIT] Okay, I *really* apologize for this post. It is not in keeping with the tone I wish to disseminate here. I will not retract this, but I do promise to be more vigilant in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home